Beaujolais and St. Martin’s celebrations were a time of feasting and exuberant merriment. That is why we have prepared a festival for you, where you can compare the French variant of celebrating a new wine with the Czech tradition. Of course, this also includes a tasting of French and Czech St. Martin’s gastronomic specialties. So be ready, because: “Beaujolais Nouveau est Arrivé!” – “The New Beaujolais is coming!”
Did you know, that the holiday of young red wine Beaujolais Nouveau, which may be opened on the third Thursday in November has been celebrated for decades?
Beaujolais Nouveau is a young wine of the Gamay variety, which comes from the French wine region of Beaujolais. It is bottled directly after harvest and it is recommended to drink relatively quickly after the bottling. It is characterized by a delicate floral scent with a hint of soil, accompanied by traces of black currants, raspberries, freshly picked violets or even bananas. The taste of the wine is light, with higher acidity, full of tones of red fruit and with a fine pleasant bitterness at the end.
Come and taste this year’s Beaujolais Nouveau and compare it to St. Martin’s wine. An unforgettable experience awaits you for all your senses. We look forward to you!
Where: Prague Vineyard at Villa Richter – St. Wenceslas Vineyard – Prague Castle (https://mapy.cz/s/hozutaketu)
When: November 20 and 21, always from 12:00 to 18:00
Admission: Free, but for tasting you need to buy a tasting glass for 50 CZK.
– For health safety reasons, we will celebrate outside in the vineyard area, but there will be a warm & dry place to sit.
– For security reasons, it is forbidden to bring any weapons, own drinks or your own food into the complex.
– Please leave the dogs at home.
– This is an outdoor event in the fresh air, but even here the hygienic measures apply due to covid-19, so we ask you to respect them.
– If you feel any signs of respiratory / infectious disease, please stay at home.
– Please have a negative test certificate, a vaccination certificate or a certificate of illness with you.